Katz & Dogz is a South End-based holistic animal massage and teaching practice providing:
- Massage and healing touch instructional sessions
- Individual massage and healing touch sessions
- Massage and healing touch presentations to groups that serve animals
Massage relaxes stiff, sore muscles and joints. Regular massages, given by a trained professional, as well as you yourself, can be a vital part of caring for your animal companions, and giving back some of the love that they show you every day.
As Katz & Dogz' owner and founder, I draw from 37 years combined experience with human (27 years) and small animal massage (10 years). My work has been featured in The Boston Globe, Boston Magazine, The Boston Herald, Fox 25 News, Chronicle, WBUR radio, and many others.The New York Times recently published a wonderful article about Dog Massage. Check it out: NY Times April 20, 2011
Some of the many benefits of animal massage include:
- Encouraging relaxation, stress reduction, and relieves tension and pain
- Increasing circulation, which in turn increases oxygenation and nutrition to cells and tissues throughout the body
- Helping to ease arthritis pain, hip dysplasia, and joint tension
- Speeding up recovery from injuries, leading to enhanced performance and activity
- Increasing flexibility, range of motion and mobility of joints
- Helping to ease pain and stress associated with advancing age and illness
- Releasing lactic acid from sore muscles, decreasing swelling from inflammation, and raising endorphin levels
- Releasing innate feelings of health, well-being and vitality for both people & pets through the healing connection that safe, caring human touch allows
...and just plain feels good!
For more personal information on benefits received from animal massage, see the Testimonials page.
Give the gift of massage to a special animal friend you love for their birthday or other special occasion! It makes for a thoughtful, unique gift that your friends and family will remember and appreciate. For more information on gift certificates, click here.
To set up a massage instructional session, or massage and healing touch appointment, please call 617-650-2533 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for visiting!
* Massage is not a substitute for appropriate veterinary care.